The Fine Art of Printing
What Guides Us
We "Can Do"
Corporate Social Responsibility
DSP is a screen and digital printing company offering a full array of weather durable graphics including but not limited to decals posters, banners, signs, tags, wraps and nameplates.
For five decades we have participated actively as volunteers and donors in our community, and have taken very good care of our associates, customers, and vendors by being an ethical and responsible employer.
An Affirmative Action employer, we embrace and value the employment of a diverse and egalitarian workforce. We have very deliberately included our public interests with our private interests, and have chosen over the last decade to focus our efforts on the arts.
Our current contribution areas are:
- Sponsor, steering participant, and printer for Kids Tag Art, a three-year old program by the Polk County Tax Collector’s Office to provide supplemental arts funding in Polk County elementary schools
- Founder and underwriter of the Douglass Screen Printers Serigraphy Collection at the Polk Museum of Art
- Donor of both funds and computer equipment to PACE Center for Girls
- Donor to Girl Scouts of West Central Florida, including a lead sponsor of Desserts First and the sending of 50 cases of Girl Scout cookies to the US Military serving overseas
- Ten year contributor as Fellows of the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center
- Fundraisers and donors to the United Way
- Years of financial and volunteer contribution as a Cornerstone Society member of WUSF Public Broadcasting
- Mentors in area elementary schools
- Trade-in-kind sponsor of multiple entities/events including NAWBO Lakeland Metro, NAWBO Women’s Business Conference, First Tee, First United Methodist Church, Pigfest Go For The Greens and Child of the Sun Jazz Festival.
- Participants, volunteers, and board members of many area organizations including Kiwanis, Rotary, Community Foundation of Greater Lakeland, First United Methodist Church, Tampa Museum of Art, St. Petersburg Museum of Art, Polk County AdFed, NAWBO Lakeland Metro, ABWA, Polk County Gas Association, Polk Arts Alliance
There are very clear benefits of social responsibility to Douglass. For one, it is differentiating and has resulted in preference by our customers given equal prices or products from competitors. For another, it leads to an internal good will among our associates that frequently ripples externally as our associates model similar behavior. It also builds a culture that is justifiably proud and recognized as doing the right thing.
As a woman-owned business, we are also supportive of global women's issues (PDF presentation) and aware of their contribution to the economic foundation worldwide (PDF information).
We are proud of our long history of corporate social responsibility that has been focused on the common good of our people. We are equally proud to now broaden our focus on the common good of our planet as we seek certification from the Sustainable Green Partnership (SGP).
The triple goals of our sustainability policy are…
- To protect and preserve the environment,
- To enhance our competitive advantages today, and
- Promote opportunity, equity and improved quality of life for our people.
With these goals in mind, we have identified the following principles as the foundation of this policy:
||We commit to complying with all applicable environmental health and safety requirements at the local, state, and federal level
||We commit to comply with all local, state and federal labor laws
||We commit to be a responsible steward of our environmental resources and a leader in our community to promote collaborative and productive partnerships that support resource conservation
||We commit to continuous improvement of our operations by applying lean manufacturing principles to Â sustain our success through productivity and efficiency
||We commit to the prevention of pollution by following the general tenets of reduce, re-use, recycle in the following specific ways:
||We will assume responsibility for the products entire life cycle by incrementally adding green product lines, using recycled substrates, and providing end-of-life recycling options
||We will, as a company and individuals, reduce our use of non-renewable energy
||We will adopt best management practices, systems and technologies
||We will be a partner at the community level in solving social and environmental problems by helping identify and facilitate adoption of green products, processes and clean technologies
||We commit to keeping our associates, customers, vendors, and the public informed about our sustainability activities on our web site www.dsp-cando.com or upon request.
We will lead our industry at the state level, ensuring generations to come will inherit a healthy and vibrant Florida.