Need help applying decals? You've come to the right place! This page is dedicated to Decal (Sticker) Application Instructions.
These suggestions are made to assist you in the application of decals. If you encounter any difficulty applying a product, please call us at 1-800-888-8545, and we will contact the material manufacturer for specific help.
The dry method should be used for applications no larger than 12" x 18" in size.
- Be sure the mounting surface is clean and dry. Align the decal onto the surface. Use masking tape to hold the decal in place. This acts as a hinge for application ease.
- Lift the decal face away from the liner at 180° back to the hinge. Cut off this portion of the liner. The hinge will hold the decal stationary in the application position while you remove the liner.
- Squeegee the decal from top to bottom, beginning at center using overlapping strokes. Proceed outward from center.
- Remove the hinge tape and balance of the liner; again squeegee from the center using overlapping strokes as you work toward the opposite side.
The wet method is recommended on decals larger than 12" x 18" in size.
- Be sure that the surface is clean and free from residue. Determine the placement of the decal on the application surface. While holding the decal in the place desired, make several boundary marks (ideally, the top two corners) with a pencil.
- Remove the decal liner.
- Put 2 to 3 drops of Ivory Liquid in a gallon of water and generously apply this soapy water to the adhesive surface of the decal with a rag or sponge. In lieu of soapy water, a non-ammonia window cleaner may be used.
- Wet the application surface with the soapy solution or window cleaner. Align the decal to the boundary marks. Using your hands, lightly rub the decal against the application surface, smoothing out any wrinkles.
- Using a squeegee, work out all of the wetting agent by using overlapping strokes from top to bottom beginning at the center. Proceed right from the center overlapping strokes by 50%, then proceed left from the center overlapping strokes by 50%. Prick any air bubbles with a pin and squeegee excess liquid from the puncture.
- Be sure that the outer edges of the decal are rubbed down smoothly and all liquid is forced out. This is essential for proper adhesion.
Caution! Decal must dry out for 24 hours before adhesion is complete.
For all sizes of legends. We do not recommend applying legends wet unless you are experienced doing so.
- Be sure that the surface is clean and dry. Align the legend on the surface to which it will be applied. Use masking tape to hold the legend in place. The tape will act as a hinge for application ease.
- Peel the premask away from the liner at 180° in the direction of the hinge. Cut off the free portion of the liner. The hinge will hold the legend stationary while you remove the liner.
- Squeegee the legend from top to bottom beginning at the hinge. Use overlapping strokes to avoid bubbles and wrinkles. Proceed in this manner away from the hinge to the outer edge of the legend.
- Remove the hinge tape. While holding the legend away from the application surface, remove the balance of the liner. Squeegee the legend down to the application surface, again beginning at the hinge point and using overlapping strokes. Proceed in this manner away from the hinge to the outer edge of the legend.
- Remove the premask by peeling it at 180° from the legend’s surface.